Thursday, November 10, 2011

Yuck, yuck, yuck

Some readers might know about the limited options for food at UMass Boston. Today, not feeling so hungry, I decided to just get a fruit cup. I mainly hate the fruit cup because they tend to have an enormous amount of honey dew melons, and I feel like I'll cough a lung out if I eat it. Seeing a cup with about two pieces of honey dew, I fell for the trap and bought a fruit cup for lunch.

I never knew that cantaloupes could be sour. I've had unseasonably bland cantaloupes, but a semi-rotten sour taste was new to me. I'm not sure if I even want to eat the pineapple chunk. Lunch ruined. Thanks UMB. 

 

9 comments:

  1. I know. UMASS really needs to step up its food game because a lot of us stay on campus during breaks etc., and we really need some good food to snack on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine recommended the buffalo chicken wraps, and I've had a few really good ones. However, lately the lettuce is always slimy. Thanks for nearly making me throw up UMB. I would rather spend a dollar on my "Cup Noodles" and microwave it at the back of the dinning hall. At least I could be certain of getting what I paid for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. worst fruit cups ever. I do have to say, they are better at Umass Dartmouth...for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cups suck, funny story though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a salad today. I made it myself from the salad bar. $4.60! I wish everyday was Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a moth in the school salad bar...I took a picture with my phone I wish I could upload it...it was probably 1 inch long and really thick...now i'm hesitant to try the fruit cups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I refuse to eat any food offered at UMB. While on campus, I'm on a strict coffee and cigarette only diet. Trying to kick the cigarette part, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again Sodexo delivers a wonderful lunch.

    ReplyDelete