Saturday, October 1, 2011

Something about me

As much as I love baked goods or other sweet-tooth satisfying products, I'm actually not a big fan of candy. Hard candy, gummies, cotton candy, etc. I don't really like them.

Candies are more tooth ache causing than sweet-tooth satisfying. I get so sick after the first piece, that it's not really worth eating. For example, this weekend, I saw a bag of hi-chew (a Japanese chewy candy) and I was like, "I want some." After the first piece, I wanted to die. Regret sat in every crevice of my teeth. It took all day before the sickening feeling went away.

Lesson learned. Now let's wait for me to make another stupid mistake, when I think I want some candy.

4 comments:

  1. I too am not a candy fan. I do love baked goods though. I work for a marketing firm and we are promoting cheese cake right now. It took much restraint to not buy one myself. It was so much work cutting them up into little sample size pieces for 12 hours straight. I hate the little kids and college kids that would hover and eat all of them on the plate, while watching me tediously cut them up. Ok I feel better venting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all kinds of sweets. I look forward to hearing about local bakeries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ka Wai I cracked up at the "I wanted to die." Where do you get that candy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rachel I got the candy from H-Mart in Burlington. I know Ebisuya in Medford Square sells it too, but I think you can find it in a lot of Asian markets

    ReplyDelete